Motivational Poster

Wednesday, July 22, 2009


Once in an every so occuring part of my life I drop my flash and maya for a bit of old pacer and art pad for some good old fasion drawing. Looking around for some inspiration my eyes find the two most dedicated illustrators in the room. With their permission I drew up a little scene with their favourite OCs 'Original Characters' in action.

I'd like to think I pushed myself a little more than usual to see how things could look and I'm happy with the outcome.

Also on the animation side of things I'm teaming up with Nathan to work on a piece of advertising, trying to sell gym membership to couch potatoes. Hilarity WILL be a factor in this equasion.

3 comments:

Frank said...

Hey Mitch, don't get distracted. Drawing is fine, the type you can get done quick and, if you are taking a break from animating, drawing will do. But I'd suggest don't get distracted from your major project, EAPs and showreel by other sparkly objects like animation ideas (unless it gets you closer to your goal of being an animator, more than getting on with building your own reel). There is just not enough time.

Mitch said...

yeah it's terrible how little time we have before it's all over. I'd still like to have a little more than just animation under my belt... but as they say, the Jack of all trades is the master of none.

Frank said...

Mitch of all blades. By all means sharpen your skills. But the big spear in your arsenal that will bring down the big buffalo (an animation job), is your animation show reel. As a teacher, I'll try and show you the way but hope not to dislocate you from other interests related to animation. At least you're drawing and not out on the booze every night... or... ?

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online