Motivational Poster

Sunday, May 24, 2009

Animation Check List



The holidays are coming up as everyone would be aware of. so I've stolen Ian's student challenge and turned it into a giant image to keep on your computer desktop at home as a checklist to keep everyone occupied over the holidays. and by stolen I really mean giving Ian a second voice in making sure people get the idea in their heads.

I know alot of us are doing naratives for our end of year assignment but lets be honest when I say it wont land us a job compaired to handing in a show-reel with some of these small potential animation scenes.

If one could manage to cover all of these by this time next year, they would have greater odds landing this job.

I hope everyone considers this.

peace.

8 comments:

The Loud One said...

:D cheers for the reminder. I have this posted as my desktop as a reminder. Although if i'm to be honest, I've only really done repetitions of the bouncing ball -and crappola ones at that- this will hopefully be a bit of positive reinforcement.

Thanks again solider of Ian's army!! *salutes*

Frank said...

Repetitions of the bouncing ball IS EXACTLY what you should be doing.

The bouncing ball is the essence of animation.

At least until your work is as polished as Cameron Miyazaki's balls.

Thanks for posting these exercises in another form Mitch.

Search the ARC for the film I mean.

Mitch said...

Either the link is dead Frank, or my computer doesn't like miyasaki's website because the .mov comes up as "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" either way, I've been an animation student for long enough to know what you're trying to say.

I'll spend some time looking closer at the basics.

Mitch said...

ps. At-ease Sarah

frank said...

I had a long look at Miyasaki's balls this evening.

Obviously your computer is prudish.

Mitch said...

hahaha c'mon frank I'm trying to not connect the sexual reference to these ball comments. I'm trying so damn hard...

Just watched this video at mum's work. "internet at home is lame"
You are right, he does look through the fence.

Bobbi said...

Polished balls? Long looks at balls?! Alright, alright, sorry :P

Thanks a bazillion Mitch for this list, and Ian of course, this is perfect for the hols. Looking forward to maybe seeing what everyone else walks away from it with....

Mitch said...

no probs bobbi. good to see a couple of you first years taking interest in ian's challenge. :)

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online